There are many flooring options for you to choose from for your home or business. While they each have their benefits, hardwood floors have some benefits that others may not. Also, contrary to popular belief, there are more trees planted every year than they are removed for items such as hardwood floors so you can choose this option guilt-free.
Why Choose Hardwood Floors
These are just some of the benefits you can enjoy when you have hardwood floors in your home:
- According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, air quality indoors is better when you have hardwood floors. One of the main reasons for this is because flooring options such as carpet hold allergens and dust mites. It is much more difficult to remove these allergens from surfaces such as carpet but with hardwood floors, you can sweep it all up in no time.
- Hardwood flooring is more durable than other types of flooring. While there may be a few options that are more durable, hardwood flooring can last many decades if it is well maintained. The key is providing the essential care and then also trying to limit any damage to the flooring. On the other hand, flooring options such as linoleum and carpet have to be replaced every few years if you want it to continue looking and feeling great.
- There are many color options available and they all look great. One thing that many people love about hardwood flooring is that it looks great in practically any setting. On top of that, there are many different color options that people can choose from for their home. The hardwoods you can choose from include both lighter and darker colors.
- You can add flexibility with rugs. If you want to break up some space in your home, hardwood flooring makes that very easy. All you have to do is add a rug or two in the space. You can even change them up whenever you want and completely update the look of a room as a result.
- Hardwood flooring is timeless. If you are looking for a flooring option that will not be outdated in a few years, hardwood flooring is one of your only options. The same wood that was used 30 and 40 years ago is still gorgeous and used today. In fact, it appears that hardwood may even be growing in popularity while the carpet and linoleum patterns used even ten years ago are not preferred.
- Hardwood flooring can increase your property value. Homes that have hardwood floors are more likely to sell at a higher price and have been sold faster than homes with other flooring options. If you think you may want to sell your home in the future, then hardwood floors can help you get the most out of the home.
If you are considering installing new flooring in your home, hardwood floors may just be the best option you have available.