Benefits of Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is a synthetic floor product that resembles the appearance of wood. This type of floor allows you to have the look of natural wood floors at a lower cost. Laminate floors are made of multiple layers, including an applique layer that is placed below a clear, protective layer. These floors offer several benefits, such as:
- Easy installation: Laminate floors are relatively straightforward and easy to install, which helps keep labor costs down. This also reduces the amount of time required for installation.
- Minimal care and maintenance: Laminate floors have a protective layer that helps resist stains and spills. All you really need to do is sweep or vacuum your laminate floor to get rid of dust and debris.
- Budget-friendly option: If wood floors aren’t a cost-effective option for your Southlake home, laminate floors offer a more affordable solution. These floors can also be made to resemble stone floors.
- Durable and resistant: Laminate floors do not stain easily. Their protective top layer makes it difficult for spills and stains to set in and mar their appearance. They are also highly resistant to fading from light exposure.
How Are Laminate Floors Installed?
Laminate floors typically come in planks that easily snap or click together, which makes them less complicated to install than other flooring material. Planks can be cut as needed to ensure a secure fit in more difficult areas, such as around contours. When you choose laminate flooring from Premier Floors, our team of flooring experts will handle the entire installation process. This involves the following:
- Making sure that the subfloor or surface that your new floor is going on is flat, dry and clean
- Rolling out the underlayment for your new laminate flooring if it is not attached to it.
- Putting spacers around the edges of walls to allow for expansion during installation
- Installing laminate floor planks row by row
- Removing spacers
Our experts perform installations according to strict standards, which means that you can count on your new floor being installed properly. This helps reduce the risk of problems with your floor later on.
Where Does Laminate Flooring Work and Look Best?
Laminate flooring is highly versatile, which makes it a good option for almost any room in your home. In general, it is suitable for areas that are at, above or below grade. However, they don’t typically work as well in areas with high levels of moisture, such as full bathrooms. Kitchens and half bathrooms are usually suitable for laminate floors. As far as appearance, these floors look best in common hardwood floor areas, such as dining rooms, although they can also work well in bedrooms, living rooms and other areas.
Who Installs Laminate Flooring in Southlake, TX?
Premier Floors has the experience and skills needed to properly install laminate floors in Southlake, TX. Our team of flooring experts will help you select the ideal laminate floor for your home and handle the installation process. We will also provide you with tips and information on caring for your laminate floor in order to help it last for a number of years and maintain its appearance.
If you’re ready to get started on choosing laminate or other flooring for your home, give us a call to set up a consultation. At Premier Floors, we’re here to help you pick the right type of floor that will enhance your home’s appearance.