Benefits of Choosing Stone Flooring
Stone floors provide a number of advantages when compared to other types of flooring materials. When you select a stone flooring product from Premier Floors, you can expect to enjoy the following benefits:
- Durable quality: Natural stone floors are highly resistant to stains and other flaws as long as sealant is applied every year.
- Increased home value: Natural stone floors are a popular feature among homebuyers, which means that they add value to your Southlake home.
- Unique floor: Your natural stone floor is bound to have its own distinct look, since stone cuts tend to vary widely in terms of color, texture and other physical features. When you choose a stone floor for your home, you’ll have flooring that has a unique appearance.
- Variety of design options: There are several kinds of natural stones available for flooring, including marble and granite. This means that you have a wide range of style and color options to choose from for your home. These floors also work great in many different areas of the home, including kitchens, bathrooms, entryways and living rooms.
Types of Stone Flooring
When you come to Premier Floors for stone flooring, you’ll find that you have many options to consider. Some common types of stones used for flooring products include the following:
- Granite: This type of stone provides a sleek appearance and a durable, scratch-resistant surface that helps it continue looking its best over the years. Several tones and shading options are available.
- Marble: This type of stone floor offers an elegant appearance and a softer texture than granite. Marble floors are also available in a wide range of colors and styles.
- Slate: This type of flooring, which contains a combination of slate, shale and quartz, is very water-resistant. It comes in a large number of natural tones to choose from.
- Limestone: This type of color offers more subdued colors than other stone floors.
- Travertine: This type of stone is softer and more porous than other natural stones. Its rough texture can be smoothed out for flooring or left in its natural state.
What Is the Installation Process?
Stone floors can be difficult for homeowners to install on their own. When you depend on Premier Floors for installation, you can rest assured that it will be done the proper way. This helps keep your natural stone or granite floor looking brand new and minimized the risk of damage. The installation process involves preparing the subfloor, which must be clean and level. Uneven subfloors can cause stone floors to crack or form other flaws. Our team of flooring experts will take great care to lay each stone carefully to create a uniform or decorative pattern as needed. When all stones are put in place, we then add grout between them.
How Do I Care for and Maintain Stone or Granite Flooring?
Maintaining stone or granite floors involves frequent sweeping and vacuuming to keep debris from building up on their surface. Deep cleanings using products recommended by the manufacturer should be done every so often to help stone floors maintain their appearance and luster. Never use vinegar, acidic cleaners or lemon juice on stone floors.
If you want to start looking at stone or granite floors for your home, please contact Premier Floors for a consultation and free estimate.