Benefits of Tile Flooring
Tile flooring for Southlake homes offers a number of important benefits. These include the following:
- Durability: This type of flooring is known for lasting several years when it’s cared for properly. Whether you choose porcelain or ceramic tile floors, you can count on having them around for a long time as long as they are properly installed and cleaned with products that are non-abrasive.
- Design options: Ceramic and porcelain tile floors are available in an impressive selection of color and style options. You can choose tiles that resemble wood or other materials or go with tiles that form eye-catching patterns to enhance the look of your floor.
- Minimal maintenance: Ceramic and porcelain tile floors do not typically require much maintenance, especially when they’re glazed. When these floors are properly sealed, they’re able to withstand stains and spills, which helps them maintain a clean, shiny appearance.
Types of Tile
When you choose tile flooring for your home, you’ll have the following types to consider:
- Ceramic tile: Ceramic tile floors are clay-based tiles that vary in terms of thickness, strength and composition.
- Porcelain tile: Porcelain tile floors are also clay-based, but they tend to be firmer than ceramic tiles. They are less vulnerable to cracks and tend to be more resistant to stains than ceramic.
How to Find the Right Tile for Your Space
Whether you lean toward ceramic or porcelain tiles as far as design, there are practical considerations to keep in mind when choosing tile floors for a certain space. Thinner tiles can be used in areas with lighter traffic, such as guest bathroom floors, but areas with heavier traffic, such as kitchens and entryways, require more durable tiles. Our flooring experts at Premier Floors will take certain factors into consideration when helping you find the right type of tiles for your space. This will depend on your budget, the area where these tiles will go and the kind of style you prefer.
Tile Installation Process
When you have chosen ceramic or porcelain tiles for your Southlake home, our team will take care of the installation process. This involves cutting porcelain and ceramic tile as needed based on the room’s layout and square footage. Our experts will then lay your new tile flooring down and let it set before filling in the joints with grout. Keep in mind that the time it takes to install your tile floor fully will depend on the size of the area it’s going in. You can count on the flooring professionals at Premier Floors to make the installation process go as smoothly as possible while also ensuring that each step is done properly.
Maintaining Your Tile Flooring
At Premier Floors, we do our part in making sure that your ceramic or porcelain floors will last for years by installing them properly. In order to help your floors keep their appearance and reduce the risk of flaws or cracks, it’s important for you to maintain them. This involves basic maintenance, such as sweeping and vacuuming to remove debris, dirt and dust and mopping with a damp mop on a weekly basis or more often in areas with heavier traffic. Other kinds of maintenance needed for your floors will depend on certain factors, such as whether you have glazed or unglazed tiles.
If you need more information on the ceramic and porcelain tile flooring we offer, please call Premier Floors to set up a consultation today.